Find your dream job in marketing, communications and media.
QNews is Queensland’s leading LGBTIQ media company which is helping to bring our incredibly diverse communities together, through our printed and online publications. Since changing ownership four years ago, QNews has experienced an exciting growth phase in our traditional printed publication and also in our website presence ratings.
We believe that the ongoing success of QNews can be attributed to a number of criteria, not the least of which is to have professionally written and topical content. We do however feel that the key criteria to our ongoing success are to ensure that we have a professional, friendly, and talented team, who are passionately engaged in what we do and passionately engaged in the community we support.
We are seeking a proactive individual to identify, secure and nurture new advertising clients, to maintain and strengthen the business relationship we enjoy with existing advertising clients, and just as importantly, to be an active and positive member of our team.
Whilst the successful candidate will ideally have a background in an advertising sales role, we value those individuals who have had exposure to the LGBTIQ community and those individuals who have a genuine enthusiasm for success.
If you enjoy building relationships, closing the sale, and being part of a great team, then this is the role for you.
Your primary goal will be to sell advertising space and to support you with that goal:-
We will provide you with:
- Support and guidance
- An enjoyable work environment
- A great product to promote to your potential customers
- A successful team atmosphere
- Annual base plus commission
What we require:
- That you are passionate about providing exceptional service
- That you are focused on closing the sale
- That you are able to work mostly unsupervised, whilst understanding that help is always available, whenever you need it
- That you are comfortable making outbound calls to prospective and existing clients
- That you are self-motivated with strong time management skills
- That you have a sound understanding of social media, web marketing, and statistics
- That you have strong written and verbal communication skills
- That you are able to build relationships over the phone and in-person
- And most importantly, that you are able to work closely with our team to build the best advertising solutions for our clients
If you are interested in becoming the newest member of our team and joining a group of people who love what they do for the LGBTIQ community, then please apply.
Attach to your resume, along with a one-page letter that outlines why you feel you would be successful in this role.
Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.