Jimmy Barnes has lead a group of Aussie musos who’ve helped assemble a tribute album for marriage equality.
The album, titled Say Yes To Love Vol 1, features 21 tracks donated by John Butler Trio, Josh Pyke, Katie Noonan, The Cat Empire and others. The project’s proceeds will go towards the Australian Marriage Equality organisation.
Jimmy Barnes donated a cover of Stevie Wonder’s 1970 soul number “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” to the album and he said the marriage equality campaign boils down to basic human rights.
“No one has the right to tell someone who they can love, or how they can express their love,” he said.
“Love is about caring for, and sharing your life with the one you love, and if the act of marriage helps to make that connection stronger in the eyes of the people sharing that life or in the eyes of the law then they should be encouraged. It should not be made more difficult.
“It is very hard to find love in this world and we don’t all feel the same way about what love is but it is the most important thing that I have in my life.
“I support people who want to share their lives together anyway they want to do it.”
Australian Marriage Equality has said that due to the volume of support for the project, work on a second album has begun.
#SayYesToLove Vol.1 is available now on iTunes. See the tracklist below:
1. Josh Pyke – Make You Happy
2. The Basics – What Do You See In Me? (Alternate Mix)
3. John Butler Trio – Losing You
4. All Our Exes Live In Texas – Our Love Won’t Die
5. Katie Noonan’s Vanguard – Peace Is My Drug
6. C Major and Veneno – Por Tu Amor (Acoustic version)
7. The Cat Empire – Still Young
8. Joe Camilleri – A Fool And The Moon
9. Jimmy Barnes – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
10. Darren Percival – Lovelife
11. Playwrite – Whittaker
12. Wes Carr – People Of Peace
13. L-FRESH THE LION feat. Mirrah – The World Is Ours
14. Woodes x Elkkle – Muddy
15. Khanz – Deerhunter
16. Michael McGlynn – Diamond
17. Hannah Robinson – Realistically
18. Holden Brothers Travelling Circus feat. Dallas Holden & Katie Holden – Flying
19. The Blackbird Collective – No Other Plan
20. Bronte – My Word
21. Fiona Joy – Grace (Chill Version)